Consultech Environmental, LLC is an 8(a) SDB and EDWOSB environmental and construction company based in Cary, North Carolina. Consultech Environmental provides environmental and general contracting services that emphasize integrity, creativity, professionalism, and commitment. Our talented staff of experienced and licensed professionals have simultaneously managed and successfully completed diverse projects with timely and cost effective service.
The ease of dealing with a single company capable of addressing all your contracting needs, from the simplest to the most complex, will translate into efficient use of your time and business dollar. We look forward to having the chance to discuss your projects and our capability to work with you to solve your contracting needs.
Consultech Environmental has several years’ experience in providing environmental and construction related services to various federal agencies. Consultech has served as a prime or sub-contractor on a variety of contract types ranging from stand-alone Delivery Orders to multimillion dollar multi-year fixed price IDIQs environmental and remedial action contracts.
Our federal program is designed to meet the government’s specialized requirements for cost accounting, procurement, quality, safety, and other priorities. We provide a diverse and expanding portfolio of services to the U.S. government, offering quality technical services in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are committed to providing government responsive and a personalized service.
8(a) and EDWOSB Advantage:
Consultech Environmental (Consultech) is certified by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) as an 8(a) , Small Disadvantage Business (SDB) and as an Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB). Consultech’s 8(a) certification is valid through April 30, 2018.
The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) subpart 19 allows for federal agencies to issue sole source contracts to qualified SBA approved 8(a) and EDWOSB contractors. In general, Business Development Specialist (BDS) of every certified firm works with the government agencies to facilitate the contract process. Under the current signed Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) between the SBA and various federal Agencies, direct contracts may be awarded to the certified 8(a) and EDWOSB firms, up to a ceiling of $4 million for goods and services.
Basic Steps to Establish 8(a) Sole Source Contract with Consultech Environmental:
- 1. The Government program manager or interested party develops a statement of work, prepares a government estimate, and obtains the necessary funding.
- 2. The Government program manager or interested party chooses Consultech to perform the required work and submits a procurement request to the agency contracting officer.
- 3. The agency’s contracting officer prepares and submits an “Offer Letter” to Consultech’s SBA Business Development Specialist (BDS), Robert Tarleton (firstname.lastname@example.org. 704-344-6567).
- 4. Upon coordinating with Consultech, SBA’s BDS subsequently processes the Offer Letter and returns it to the agency contracting officer who submits the Statement of Work and Request for Proposal or Quotation to Consultech.
- 5. Consultech submits the proposal which is evaluated and negotiated (if necessary) by the agency.
- 6. The contract is awarded to Consultech.
These steps can be accomplished within few days in most cases. It is also worthwhile to mention that Consultech has a great working relationship with the SBA‐assigned BDS who is willing to help clarify any issue related to 8(a) program and facilitate any contract award.
Advantages of Sole Source Contracts to Consultech:
- 1. Reduced decision cycle:the time required to award an 8(a) sole source contract is usually within days.
- 2. Lowered administrative costs: procurement process and time is reduced to a minimum.
- 3. Prices reflecting the best value: agency negotiates with the firm directly to get the best value.
- 4. The contracting agency can meet its Small Business contracting objectives simultaneously for both the 8(a) and EDWOSB categories.
- 5. Can initiate a contract with a simple high level statement of work.